Our Little Boogers

Sharing our lives: two kids, two full-time jobs, one old house, and plenty of love and laughter. And baseball.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Snug as a bug in a rug.

The little guy has been coming home with some new skill everyday. Within the past week or so we've figured out he can count, sing his ABCs, sing "Twinkle-Twinkle Little Star", "Itsy-Bitsy Spider" (with hand motions!), and "Row Row Row Your Boat", which - fun fact - was the first and only song I ever learned to play on the guitar. Not that impressive seeing as how it's only an E chord. But he's also start asking for help; "Olp!?!" He'll get his cereal out of the corner cabinet, hold it up, and say, "Olp," for instance.


Two nights ago, as I was putting him to bed, he was being a little fussy and having a hard time going to sleep. So I was trying all the books I could and getting him his water, but nothing was working. All of the sudden he reached over for his big blanket, handed it to me, and said, "Olp." I wasn't sure what he wanted but when I took it from him he laid down on his belly, put his arms under himself, and looked up at me with the sweetest little smile. I covered the little fella up and he went right to sleep. It melted my heart! What an amazing blessing.

Totally unrelated is the following picture. He's getting to big!

2 comments:

  1. "Olp!" could become one of those fun family words you're still using when the poor guy is 30.

    Just as Cay and I still say "I SAID!" (You'll have to ask Emily for details of that story.)

    Love,

    Gramps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, in my family it's still "I can DO it!"

    ReplyDelete