Our Little Boogers

Sharing our lives: two kids, two full-time jobs, one old house, and plenty of love and laughter. And baseball.

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Is it hockey season?

While Emily was out of the country this week I tried my best to keep the kids alive, and succeeded. Phew! Saturday morning my boy wanted to watch baseball (I love it!) but it was too early so none of the games had started. So then he wanted to watch hockey, but that was over months ago. I checked our NHL channel on the Roku just in case there were still some highlights from the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Luckily there were so we watched game 6 where (spoiler alert..sorta) the Blackhawks beat the Bruins to win. Here are some shots of the game (it's relevant, I promise). Photos from sbnation.com
Stanley Cup logo under the ice
Presentation of the Stanley Cup
After we watched the highlights which included the above presentation the kiddo ran upstair to get his socks skates and hit his pucks around our downstairs. After a few "goals" his lifted his arms and cheered, "We won!" 

Then he ran off and came back with a bath mat and put it down on his "ice". I managed to snap a picture.
"Hey bud, why did you get the bath mat?"
"I had to put a rug on the ice!"
"What?"
"I had to put the rug down on the ice because I won!"
"Huh?"
"I won so now I get the bottle from under the ice!"
"The bottle from under the ice? What are you talking ab.... Ahhhhhh."

Don't tell anyone from Canada my son called the Stanley Cup a bottle.

The sweet girl doesn't know anything about hockey yet, but she does love to stand. Here she is supposed to be going to sleep while mommy reads her brother a book.

4 comments:

  1. What a great story, Big E! I love, love, love the boy's imagination. And the little one, listening to the story...so cute. love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I still wasn't paying attention. "Why does it come out of the ice?" I asked, and Grandma had to explain it to me. What an imagination!!

    Love,

    Gramps

    ReplyDelete
  3. He has the same imagination as his dad had when he was that age...I love it! And look at that blond hair on the little one. She is getting so big. I need to see these boogers soon!
    Love,
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  4. They should rename it the Stanley Bottle playoffs. He, He.
    Pops

    ReplyDelete