Our Little Boogers

Sharing our lives: two kids, two full-time jobs, one old house, and plenty of love and laughter. And baseball.

Sunday, August 18, 2013

A Punny Story

Eric and I agreed that we don't read to the baby as much as we read to the little guy when he was a baby, so we're making an effort to rectify that by reading to them together! We've also added some bedtime books to the baby's nightly routine. So far so good!
Last week, Eric and I were telling the little guy about this one time that he smelled terrible (it's a long and sort of pointless story). Eric said "It was foul, and I don't mean birds!" I laughed, so the little guy tried to get in on the joke. He said "It was foul, and I don't mean newspapers!" I laughed harder. He kept substituting random words in for birds (since he TOTALLY didn't understand the foul-fowl pun). I was weeping with laughter... I still don't know why I think it's so funny, but I do.

  • It was foul, and I don't mean roof!
  • It was foul, and I don't mean tomatoes!
  • It was foul, and I don't mean cars!
  • It was foul, and I don't mean sunshine!
  • It was foul, and I don't mean books!
We've been keeping this going now for about a week. I hope he keeps it going forever. He cracks me up.

2 comments:

  1. That will be one of those things where, when he's 15, he'll say, "It was foul, and I don't mean tomatoes," and his friends will look at him funny and he'll want to throttle his parents. Hope we get to hear him say it before then.

    Love,

    Gramps

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all crack me up. I love reading your funny stories. Love and miss you.
    Love,
    Nana

    ReplyDelete