Our Little Boogers

Sharing our lives: two kids, two full-time jobs, one old house, and plenty of love and laughter. And baseball.

Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter, Part II

Our church has a tradition where they "flower the cross" before services on Easter. Everyone was asked to bring in fresh flowers to stick on a giant cross. I'm terrible at arranging flowers and, to be frank, I was pretty sure this thing was going to be ugly and kind of tacky. On the other hand, I'm a total rule-follower so we brought some daffodils that I'd trimmed to the appropriate length. Well-- the cross was GORGEOUS and it was very moving to see it so beautifully decorated. The little dude was very careful when he added his daffodils, too, which was surprising and sweet. I should add that Easter always makes me cry, and this didn't help.
On the opposite end of the spectrum, the little guy got to 'help' my brother fix a broken toilet flusher on Sunday. That was also fascinating, although not quite as... spring fresh, perhaps?... as the flowered cross.
And here's a totally unrelated picture of the baby in her Easter dress.

2 comments:

  1. The flower cross looks really nice! What a great groups of photos... and the little dude's uncle used to love to watch people at work on almost anything, so I'm glad to see the little dude does, too, although I do see that toilets are special. love Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big one: So serious!
    Little one: So cute!

    Love,

    Gramps

    ReplyDelete