Our Little Boogers

Sharing our lives: two kids, two full-time jobs, one old house, and plenty of love and laughter. And baseball.

Monday, February 4, 2013

Traumatized

The little guy wanted me to read him stories before bed tonight. Usually Eric does it, so I was honored and excited. He let me pick one, so I chose "Are you my mother?"-- it's a great little story about a baby bird who hatches when his mother is away from the nest. He searches for his mom, asking all the other animals if they are his mom and they all say no. The little guy got really quiet about halfway through. His eyes were as big as saucers and he was REALLY UPSET about the missing mother and the poor bird who doesn't have a mom. I think he got his hopes up for each animal, and was just as disappointed as the stupid little bird when the cow wasn't his mom. Whoops! I tried reading really fast to get to the happy ending... but I think I traumatized the poor kid. No wonder he prefers Eric at bedtime.

I didn't take a trauma-photo, so here's one of our calm, quiet evening at home.
Please note the foolishness in the background.

2 comments:

  1. But the good news is, the little one looks as if she's already getting used to having her picture taken.

    Love,

    Gramps

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and she's getting used to the foolishness always playing in the background!
    Love,
    Nana

    ReplyDelete