Our Little Boogers

Sharing our lives: two kids, two full-time jobs, one old house, and plenty of love and laughter. And baseball.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Puzzling

Today the kiddo stumbled upon a couple puzzles that our homeowner's children have and he set out to work them. I don't think he'd ever really worked a real puzzle before so I was anxious to test out his genius. The first one is a map of the US and he was terrible at it. I was only decent at it because I know where the states go. After we worked it I looked on the box and saw it was for ages 6+ so I didn't feel as bad about him not being able to do it. Plus, the puzzle artists destroyed West Virginia so I didn't want to work it anymore anyway.

The other puzzle was for ages 4+ so I thought we'd give it a try. I decided to help a little less, but do more coaching. Who knew you're not born knowing the best way to work a puzzle?

We finally got it finished and I was proud of the little guy. It took a while, but he worked it all himself, finding the pieces and putting them in the puzzle. Here is the almost finished project.
Those last five pieces went the fastest.  Maybe 10 minutes or so.

3 comments:

  1. Learning puzzles and patience. Awesome.

    Love,

    Gramps

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great challenge for the little booger! I know he was glad to have his dad helping out. And those US puzzles are always a challenge, all those rectangular states. love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quality time while learning too. Such fun!
    Love,
    Nana

    ReplyDelete