Our Little Boogers

Sharing our lives: two kids, two full-time jobs, one old house, and plenty of love and laughter. And baseball.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

3 More Turns!!

As we documented a couple weeks ago, we've been playing Candy Land in the evenings.  The little guy loves to play.  We even got Pops in on the action Monday night.  The other post understated the amount of the game that the kid will let us get through.  It has been at most 3 turns each.  Being the competitor that I am it is a little annoying, but then I realize that there is no skill required whatsoever.  The only thing that would hinder you in this game is being color blind.

Well I was determined to get through the game tonight when Goose asked me if I wanted to play.  I shuffled the cards and we got started.  Turn 3 came and went for each of us.  Then turn 10, then 15.  "We might get through this," I thought to myself, "and I am winning!!"  I was shoving cards in his face one after the other to get to this point, but then he abruptly said "I'm done," and picked up our gingerbread men.  We were seriously only 10 squares from the finish.  So I noted where we were and played out the game.  (Stupid kid woulda won in 3 turns.  Grr!)
There's the orange square!  Here's your next card!

3 comments:

  1. You've gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em. He just didn't want to embarrass you.

    Love,

    Gramps

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little booger's mom had this idea early on, when she would play a game all by herself and happily declare, "I win!" love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Gramps. Little Booger is very thoughtful that way.
    Love,
    Nana

    ReplyDelete