Our Little Boogers

Sharing our lives: two kids, two full-time jobs, one old house, and plenty of love and laughter. And baseball.

Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Quiet Box Saga

I got a note from the little guy's teachers on Tuesday saying he needed a Quiet Box. It's a great idea-- a small box filled with toys he can play with quietly if he's not napping at nap time. We didn't have time to go buy a box (and we'd just recycled all our shoeboxes), so this is what I gave him to fill up Wednesday morning:
He looked at me and said "Mommy, that's a tupperware. It's for cookies. I need a Quiet Box." (My blank stare goes here. What?) I even wrote "Quiet Box" and his name on a piece of painter's tape to stick to the top! What more could he want?!? We finally compromised on the tupperware being an appropriate temporary Quiet Box on the condition that we go to the "big box store" this weekend and buy a box.

Every night this week he's talked about the stupid quiet box and how his isn't a real one. I got his quiet box out of his cubby on Friday afternoon so we could replace it this weekend, and one of his little friends stopped me. "You're supposed to leave the Quiet Box HERE!" he said. (I can't win.) My adorable child corrected him "This isn't a real Quiet Box. We're going to buy a Quiet Box this weekend that's just like everyone else's." (sigh)

Saturday was the big day, and we found exactly what he wanted in the second (yes, the second) store. We even got him some stickers and stuff to decorate his box! So, here's the proud owner of an acceptable Quiet Box:

6 comments:

  1. The thought of any kid that age remaining quiet is almost as funny as the story of obtaining a proper "quiet box." But, hey, if it works ...

    Love,

    Gramps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, this takes me back to many incomprehensible conversations I have had with the little booger's mom and uncle! Those who laugh last, laugh best! love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Ha! I know, right? It's all downhill from here.

      Delete
    2. Hey, I get it. All the other girls had guess jeans with embroidery on the back pockets, and I had to wear boys jeans from the dollar store.

      Delete
  4. What a smart little booger he is!
    Love,
    Nana

    ReplyDelete