Our Little Boogers

Sharing our lives: two kids, two full-time jobs, one old house, and plenty of love and laughter. And baseball.

Monday, September 24, 2012

Candyland!

Several Christmases ago, Eric won Candyland and Chutes and Ladders (in kind of an underhanded way) at his family's white elephant exchange. I was reorganizing some stuff the other day when I realized that the little stinkpot is almost three-- which means he's almost old enough to play! We tried Candyland tonight and got through about a third of the board before quitting.
The little guy was excited about reading the cards and moving his "man." He was less excited about the non-matching nature of the game-- like when his green man was supposed to be on a purple square. We'll play again soon-- it was fun!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, my, he's getting so big. Good move for his dad to get those games and have them ready! Maybe we can make new rules that involve matching colors for a while. love Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll play the game with the Booger until he starts beating me (ask his Mom about playing chess with me).

    Love,

    Gramps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Mr. Clay kept playing chess with me after you quit. (He played Barbies, too-- what a great guy.)

      Delete
  3. Such a great game! I'm sure he'll catch on very soon...he's a smart boy!
    Love,
    Nana

    ReplyDelete