Our Little Boogers

Sharing our lives: two kids, two full-time jobs, one old house, and plenty of love and laughter. And baseball.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

There's no medal for this?

The little booger and I went to our neighborhood's playground while his daddy was out working yesterday. We had a blast!
When we got home, however, I noticed that the poor little stinker had a HUGE splinter in his hand. It was in two pieces, and I couldn't even tell where it had gone in. Yuck.
My dad, a splinter-removal guru, said I could wait for reinforcements or get a needle and dig it out myself. Since I didn't want it to be in there overnight (yikes!) and I didn't want to visit the doctor, I gathered my supplies: a needle, tweezers, foaming neosporin, and Sesame Street on youtube.
After approximately 257 videos, I got it out! The little dude didn't even fuss very much.
Now his hands are sanitized and splinter-free. Phew!

2 comments:

  1. Good job! I'm sure this is only the first of many, so be prepared.
    Love,
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, he's tough! Because there's no two ways about it, that always hurts.

    Hooray for the Booger (and for his brave surgeon/mom, too).

    Love,

    Gramps

    ReplyDelete