Our Little Boogers

Sharing our lives: two kids, two full-time jobs, one old house, and plenty of love and laughter. And baseball.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The child I deserve?

The first time my long-suffering mother bought me shoes, I laid on the floor at the shoe store holding my feet and crying. My own darling child has never been too thrilled with shoes either. We've just let him go barefoot so far, but he really needs some shoes for the winter. Here he is, standing up in his new shoes and socks. Then he realized that something wasn't right.
   
It only took him about five seconds to get rid of the first shoe.















Why yes, that is my bare foot right next to him... why do you ask?

5 comments:

  1. We've been putting shoes and socks on Cassidy for a few weeks now. She immediately pulls them off her right foot, but her left foot doesn't seem to be as much of a concern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahem -- you have for 'weeks' -- I have for months! It's because I am more . . . patient than you. Patient is a good substitute for stubborn, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, the first marital spat in our comments! Congrats, guys! That's awesome that Cassidy only cares about having one bare foot. She's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should clarify- the first not-us marital spat in our comments. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, "weeks" could be 8 or 9 weeks, which is also months. So we're both plausibly in the same time frame! Seriously though, trying to get those shoes on Cassidy's crazy feet does test one's patience. She's wigglier than her mom!

    ReplyDelete