Our Little Boogers

Sharing our lives: two kids, two full-time jobs, one old house, and plenty of love and laughter. And baseball.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

He's One!

I've been working on a sappy first-birthday post all day today (mentally, that is) without any success. I tried to take some cute (and inspiring) photos of him tonight, and none of them were that great.

In other news, our dogs have always loved licking the inside of the dishwasher. It's either covered in food residue because we don't pre-rinse, or it's an extra water dish if the dishes are clean. Tonight, while I was making dinner, I heard a strange sound, turned around, and saw this:
Yup, that is my son, sucking (clean! I promise!) water off the dishwasher door. It was exactly perfect. He's managed to be both the little guy we totally adore and quite possibly the most bizarre baby in the world. Happy first birthday, you ridiculous mess!

3 comments:

  1. Our cat jumps in the tub after we get out to lick the water by the drain. Glad to see we're all in good company :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He totally drinks the bathwater, too! Gah, I gave birth to a pet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, Beau and Sadie. Great role models. :-)

    Gramps

    ReplyDelete