Our Little Boogers

Sharing our lives: two kids, two full-time jobs, one old house, and plenty of love and laughter. And baseball.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Guess who might be talking!

Several weeks ago, the little dude was in the tub when he waved his rubber duck in the air and said "Duh."  It seems pretty obvious to me that his first word was duck.  Since then, he has tried to say church ("cha"), towel ("tah"), and dad ("dadadadadadadadadada"). Today he attempted watch ("oowah").  These words are all subject to great debate in our household.  I stand firm that he's talking up a storm (slight exaggeration, but whatever) while the little guy's dad insists that he hasn't said a single word.
Tonight at dinner I was recounting the way the little booger said watch (in the above picture-- he was holding a watch!) and I was met with serious skepticism.  My darling husband then turned to our darling child and said "Are you talking up a storm?"  The little guy looked right back at his dad and said "Uh, no."

His first word was, officially, "No."

Great.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that he is talking up a storm. We had quite a few conversations the last couple of days, although I'm not sure he understood me or I him. But it sure is fun listening to him.
    Love,
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. "No" is an excellent word. I often wish I knew how to use it more effectively.
    Seriously, though, I bet he is understanding a lot of what you say, so a response such as "No" really is talking.
    As we always say, "What a smart little boy."
    Gramps

    ReplyDelete