Our Little Boogers

Sharing our lives: two kids, two full-time jobs, one old house, and plenty of love and laughter. And baseball.

Sunday, March 20, 2016

First baseball game!!!!

The little guy had his first baseball game this past Saturday. It was so much fun to watch those 5 and 6 year olds get out on the field for their first game. I was really excited about it, but I didn't know that I would get so emotional about it. There were several times I had to fight back some happy tears.
Here is my little man ready to go with his cool little baseball backpack. He was sooo excited to play his first game.
This is probably my favorite picture from Saturday. He looks like a real baseball player, but yet, he's so little. The base looks huge!

And that's my view, behind the fence, being a dad. Doesn't seem that long ago that it was me out there  and my dad was the one watching me be a kid and a ballplayer, all at the same time. Where have the years gone?

(And by the way, he went 3 for 3 with 6 RBIs and 3 runs scored, with 2 putouts. Well on his way....)

3 comments:

  1. Even better than the RBIs is the smile.
    Love,
    Gramps

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great start to his season! And what a happy boy and daddy. love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. He does look exactly like his daddy when we watched him play ball many years ago. Brings back so many great memories. The little guy looks so happy. Can't wait to watch one of his games.
    Love,
    Nana

    ReplyDelete