Our Little Boogers

Sharing our lives: two kids, two full-time jobs, one old house, and plenty of love and laughter. And baseball.

Monday, July 8, 2013

Crawling Stinks... Yeah, Yeah

The baby is an angry crawler. She can do it, but she's not happy about it and she wants you to know it. Sadly, it's kind of hilarious. She'll get halfway to a toy that she wants and either burst into angry tears as she continues to crawl or she'll stop and look around for something closer that she can play with instead. Well... it turns out that what she really wants to do is stand!
The little dude is old enough to misunderstand things. The other day in the car we were listening to wildly inappropriate but catchy music (don't judge me! I didn't think he was paying attention!). One More Night came on and we had the following conversation:

Little Dude: Why does he hope that you die?

Me: What? He doesn't say that! Don't say that. It's not nice! Where did you hear that?

Adam Levine: So I cross my heart and I hope to dii-ii-ie...

Me: Oh. 

Little Dude: Why does he say he hopes you die?

Me: Um, he's saying I hope TO die. It's an expression. It just means you really really promise.

Little Dude: Why doesn't he say I really really promise? Why does he say I hope you die?

Me: It's just a saying. I don't know. It's a saying-- "Cross my heart, hope TO die, stick a needle... um, you know what, nevermind. Hey look! There's a big truck over there!

Little Dude: I hope you die!

Luckily he hasn't said it to anyone at daycare... that I know of. Nor has he asked why lipstick can get you so out of breath. I'm looking for a new morning station now, too.

2 comments:

  1. The baby knows that standing is better than crawling! And I'd suggest a classical radio station or sesame street CDs. Good luck! love Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Little Booger thinks: "Everyone else is walking ... so why shouldn't I?"

    Love,

    Gramps

    ReplyDelete