Our Little Boogers

Sharing our lives: two kids, two full-time jobs, one old house, and plenty of love and laughter. And baseball.

Monday, July 23, 2012

Green Thumb and a Ham Sandwich

We grilled out hamburgers tonight and for some unknown reason (maybe he's really a communist) the little guy insists he doesn't like them.  I don't think he's ever had one, but whatever.  His loss.  He did, however, discover he likes ham at his Nana's last week so I got him some honey maple ham at the deli when I was getting my lunch meet on our last grocery trip.  After we sat down to our nice juicy (albondigas) burgers the kiddo wanted a bun.  I then asked if he also wanted some ham and he excitedly said yes.  I told him to put his ham on his bun and then he could have a ham sandwich, to which he replied, "No daddy, a MEETING sandwich with ham!"  Well whatever it was, here's the pathetic little sandwich and the proud chef.

In other news our african violet got a case of aphids so I have been caring for it.  I was trimming it up and accidentally cut off a good leaf.  I didn't really want to throw it away so I just stuck the stem down in the soil.  That was 3 weeks ago.  This is what I saw at lunch today.

If you can't see it, there are two little leaf buds pushing up through the soil.  I knew you could root an African Violet, but I had no idea you just had to plant the leaf.  Emily is disgusted.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, hope he was able to digest all that meat! Maybe you can convince him that HAMburgers have ham in them?

    Love,

    Gramps

    ReplyDelete