Our Little Boogers

Sharing our lives: two kids, two full-time jobs, one old house, and plenty of love and laughter. And baseball.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

How Not to Talk to Your 16-Month Old

I was going to write about the little dude's new silverware (riveting, I know), but then he did this:

What isn't in the video is the conversation that followed him ignoring my initial request. In the dialog below, he is LS (for Little Stinker), and I'm Me.

Me: Hey, can you close that please?

LS: (completely ignores me)

Me: Hey, can you close the door please?

LS: (continues to ignore me, turns some knobs)

Me: LS, can you please close that door?

LS: (pushes a button, giggles to himself)
 
Me: Hey, LS, can you please close the door?

LS: (looks at door, smiles at me) Door!

Me: Yes, door! Can you please close the door and play with something else, like your car?

LS: (points to window, smiles at me) Car!

Me: No, no. Your toy car. It's right there (points) at your feet.

LS: (points to and stamps his feet-- grinning like he's trying to say 'Feet! These are my feet!')

This is where I got up and closed the door. It's nice that he understands so many words, but this was one of the least productive conversations I've ever had. Happy 16 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment