Our Little Boogers

Sharing our lives: two kids, two full-time jobs, one old house, and plenty of love and laughter. And baseball.

Monday, January 27, 2014

A-B-C!

The little guy and I read a Richard Scarry book tonight that begins with an illustrated alphabet.
He knows most of his letter sounds, but he gets so excited about the pictures that he forgets they are supposed to match the sound.

Picture: A is for Alligator
Little Guy: A is for… it's a CROCODILE!!!

Picture: V is for Vase (really? what kid knows that?)
Little Guy: V is for… FLOWER!!!
Me: Whatever.

Picture: W is for Walrus
Little Guy: W is for… It's a BEAVER!!!
Me: No.
Little Guy: Wuh, wuh, wuh… W is for OTTER!!!
Me: No. It's a walrus.

It's just makes me laugh and laugh.

4 comments:

  1. Vase? Heck, I'm a grandpa and I still don't know how to pronounce it (hard or soft "s"?).

    Love,

    Gramps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma just offered a THIRD pronunciation ... so we have vace, vaze and vahz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have decided to contribute nothing more to the discussion of pronunciation. One of the booger's great-aunts and I spent some time in Everglades many years ago looking for a crocodile, but, alas, never found one. There were plenty of alligators, though! love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me laugh! I can hear him now. Love this little guy!
    Love,
    Nana

    ReplyDelete