Our Little Boogers

Sharing our lives: two kids, two full-time jobs, one old house, and plenty of love and laughter. And baseball.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Always the helper, that boy.

There is much documentation on how much little guy loves to help.  (Just search "helping" in the search box in the upper right hand corner.)  Sometimes it's great and sometimes not so great.

Regretably, I can be a little slack about keeping up with the lawn which makes it tougher once I decide to do it.  It never gets too bad, but since we got our reel mower I should really mow more often.  I say that every time I mow.  Tonight the kiddo came outside and wanted to help push the mower.  So what could I do but let him?  Look at that satisfied face.

After he pushed the mower a little while he began straddling (as best he can with his 1.5' legs; poor kid has no chance) my path to watch the grass shoot out.  When I would stop he'd walk up the the mower and say, "Hey, get outta the way, Stinker!' then hustle out of the way.  He's becoming a great little talker and is so funny sometimes.  I love that kid.

3 comments:

  1. That is a phrase that will serve him well his whole life!

    Love,

    Gramps

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that kid too!
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG see that kiddo tomorrow!! And if he tells me "Hey, get outta the way, stinker" he's gonna be in for a major tickling.

    ReplyDelete