Our Little Boogers

Sharing our lives: two kids, two full-time jobs, one old house, and plenty of love and laughter. And baseball.

Friday, January 7, 2011

He's not a baby anymore...

While we were visiting my parents, my mom figured out that the little dude preferred a regular spoons to his rubber-tipped spoons. Similarly, he's a lot happier in his high chair without the baby set. Look at him sitting there like a big boy:
Going along with that same thought process, we got him to stop throwing his food on the floor tonight by giving him a real fork. That's probably not anywhere near as smart (or safe), but look at how focused he was with it! He speared that piece of pasta on his own (and several times over).
Continuing with the "Oh my gosh, he's so grown up!" theme, he sat down with The Atlantic after dinner.
I promise I'm not bragging about his budding intellect, though. He mostly just chewed on the cover.

2 comments:

  1. What a smart little boy in such a handsome shirt! - Aunt Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way he begins the meal by emptying the bowl onto the table.
    Love,
    Gramps

    ReplyDelete